Thursday, August 5, 2010

On My Tombstone!

Here's my topic for the Gritty Woman: 6 words

There is a guy I heard interviewed who started a project asking people for 6 words to describe themselves on their tombstone. The interviewer and writer went back and forth reading the submissions. Some were very insightful & deep....others showed a glimpse into human turmoil....and others were just plain silly.

For years (even before the interview) has been : She did it with a giggle! I honestly don't consider myself a particularly happy person but I really do enjoy seeing humor in things. Regular everyday things. I also figure when I do still do even random things I tend to giggle. People think I am up to no good because of this habit. Honestly, I will declare NOW that I am not the planner or implementer of THINGS. I cannot keep my mouth shut nor stop laughing about it....so the 6 words fit.

I work in a 1000 person call center where alot of people know me. When I go away, upon my return I receive the most wonderful comment: "Where have you been? I have missed your laugh". Not that I yearn to be memorable to people but knowing that my laugh makes people smile is a huge smile for me. One time I confessed to someone that my road to heaven was paved with the laughs I give people. The person derisively stated "It is not that easy to get to heaven". I might have said this outloud "In my heaven it is!". I did really want to debate heaven & ask "How do you know (poop pants)?" but Christians always fall back on that faith thingee.

So, however you get there, what are the lasting words you want to be remembered by?

1 comment:

Kim Thompson said...

Oh this one is rather delicious. Princess Gritty needs her shut eye, ah, but rest assured that I shall have something in the morn.

Love this!