Wednesday, September 3, 2008

In the beginning there was....

Rhetoric, sarcasm, and cynicism....and Heather said...."This is good"!
Not always true, not always limited to these three basics of my life, but something had to start this off!

Here is who I am....well, not who I am but what you may take into consideration when you start to read my drivel....

1) I live in Utah. For NOW, but am not from there originally! I feel there is a necessity to preface that. Wow, I feel better for getting that off of my chest!

2) I will prostitute any one for a laugh or audience reaction...so be prepared. As was told to my by my husband "You weren't funny until you met me"...My response was "Honey I was always funny...you just gave me more material!".

3) I have no kids but 3 dogs. Yup. Deal with it. I wanted a forum to tell my dumb dog stories nearly daily.

4) I work in corporate America. Yah...cubicle farms....veal fattening pens....whatever you call it.

5) I am a frustrated comedianne. SO, one of my goals is laughter.

6) Am over 40. Not such a big deal but mostly pointed it out as I can and will pull it as a card to get out of something bad or get me something good or just offer an excuse.

7) I am alot of things but mostly opinionated. Not so much that I burn your eyebrows off, but expect it on occasion.

8) I want to grow up & be like be like Kim. No doubt she knows who she is & I have told her this on many occasions, but she had a blog so I needed to have one. She is younger, thinner, with kids and has way cooler music tastes! Happy 40th my friend!

9) I just like to hear myself talk...well, in this case....watch myself type. So if you don't wanna read, don't.

10) Why not start a blog? I truly don't believe people will read it...but some may out of the sheer excitement that THEY may be talked about. I will NOT be hiding any identities, offering pseudonyms, or honoring any witness relocation programs...so deal!

Thanks for being YOU!

4 comments:

Kim Thompson said...

Hey girl!

Thanks for the love note! This is great. It's fun, isn't it? I mean, shoot, it's free, you can do your thing, and just be. With writing like this, you'll get readers, trust me.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Kim

Lorraine Hart said...

Here's another writer, reading!

Welcome to your performing space and have at it...you have nothing to lose but your mind and the ability to move your fingers! Good luck.

Lorraine

Kim Thompson said...

Well said, lovey Lorraine, well said.

Heather D said...

How awesome to have the forum to babble and learn how to babble more engagingly and eloquently....yah right, forget that crap! It is great to see what my fingers come up with and how dang funny I can make the mundanities of life! Glasses up to you all!