Thursday, September 4, 2008

Do you really need to put panties on for the Fed Ex dude?

So, this is one of my last days of vacation. I didn't go anywhere, for a myriad of reasons, so I stayed home with the doglets.

I am waiting for a delivery and I am struggling with a mass of anxiety based around: WHAT IF I MISS THE FED EX DUDE? Seriously, if I miss him I have to wait until it is returned to the warehouse sometime late and then drive out there to get it. Really, so I can't take a shower. I can imagine these guys have seen TONS of tittilating stuff along their careers but a pudgy towel covered anxious Utah housewife is NOT on that list. Thus the reason for no shower.

Now, I do have 3 dogs, so I threw on sweats before I let them out today. Didn't really think about it as I went through the house stuff I do. With it being close to the time of the anticipated arrival I really can't have a shower, but new dilemma...do I undress and THEN put foundation garments on then REDRESS just for the Fed Ex dude? I mean I will see him for about 90 seconds through a door, is it really gonna matter? My dogs have YET to complain about my lack of appropriate attire and my husband is home at 4 so I have plenty of time to "take care of things".

If you take a moment and really care, is it fair to constantly subject these poor working folk to the injustices of morning hygene, bad attire, and no underwear? I mean do they get hazard pay? I am sure that is why they focus so intently on their computerized clip boards. Hell, I don't want to see or smell much of myself in the morning why would some random stranger forced into my company.

Yah...so I sit and mull this over as I wait for the Fed Ex dude....and it comes to pass that my computer chair is really not that comfortable without the undies!

Be good to you!
H

4 comments:

JosephMcG said...

Well... somewhere someone told me (don't want to blame it on mom), that I should always wear clean underwear when I left home because I might get in an accident and I definitely would not want the nurses and doctors checking out my.... shorts;
when I get up in the morning, I always get things done quick because I live with three other men and I don't want them groaning and coughing at the breakfast table because I didn't take care of my business...
Groan at breakfast, won't see them for dinner and I hate eating alone...
so... this is one male's story... ain't it cool to have fresh water and soap and deodorants available...

be cool
Joseph

Micahel said...

I think we should all be naked personally. what the heck thats how we started out. It goes back to the kingergarten rules.....always be prepared for almost anything.

Kim Thompson said...

Hi Heather and hi all!

I remember as a new mom (especially when number 2 was born), my, er, uh, "look" went to another universe. Sweatpants, dirty hair, unkempt nails, and dark circles under the eyes were my style. I call those the lost fashion/hygiene years.

My nine year old's dream is to go to places were he can be a nudist. I am quite serious. He says when he makes his way in life, traveling the world, he plans to hit every nude beach, starting with Little Beach in Maui.

Lordy.

Kim

Unknown said...

Heather,
this reminds me of the last time I was with your mom. We went to church and she was trying to figure out what to wear. She turned to mom and myself and said..Do you think I have to wear a bra? Do you think God will care if I don't wear a bra to church?" Well, you know what Aunt Jeannie went with .... anyway, this post just brought me back to that day.