Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ghost Hunting

Our family (well Shawn, Mom & I) have always laughed with each other about ghosts in our house. There was a little boy who "lived" in the closet on the second floor in our last place. A friend of mom's saw him. The three of us just had feelings...whether valid or not we just knew other people were out there. Mom said her grandmother had feelings as well.

SO last year looking at a brochure of Community Education classes, I noticed a Ghost hunting class. My friend took it, I didn't. Time passed and another friend started posting what she had heard, seen and experienced. I signed up. I will be honest, I was nervous on the first night which was held in class. Now, I just think the instructor told us too much of what he had experienced which lead some of the class members to pre-perceive things.

The first place we went was a cemetery in Park City. My friend had been there & had some EVP's (Electronic voice projections) which she captured. She said she wanted to take me to the place where she had heard things, but I told her I would lead her there. Here is my struggle...discerning what is a viable message vs my imagination. It ended up that I got us to the exact spot. We took tons of pix & recorded alot. I used dousing rods to gain "answers". I want to learn again what is a genuine message vs me breathing...laugh.

We felt some"one" around a grave of a woman and 4 of her babies. Because she & the last baby had the same death year, we assumed she died in childbirth. I get my feelings on my shoulder & neck. Almost like my arm is asleep. When I had those feelings, I had my friend take pictures. There are two pictures of my hip where there is a shimmer and one even has a pink tinge to it. When my friend had feelings, I took pictures of her. She is amazing! She reviews the pictures and the hours and hours of tape to collect evidence. When she was sitting and talking to John, she received quite a few EVP's. Fortunately we were pretty much alone. I told Mike that I struggled with people who weren't at OUR level. Snobby but we had people who would mimic what the instructor would say & said he felt. I know we all are desperate for answers, but my friend & I wanted to find answers on our own.

I felt something over a grave of a man who's headstone indicated he was a logger. We were standing with two young men using dousing rods to talk to this guy. They were fixated on him dying in a brothel. Our EVPs had a very definitive NO when asked. In my head the messages I received were leading away from death in a brothel. As we were "listening" the instructor" came up and had us ask about the number 6. I was crabby as it totally derailed us....the feelings stopped.

The young men were using the rods wrong. I am not talking as an expert, but the rods couldn't cross. My friend & I were interested in what was happening but it was tough not to take what they were "receiving" as misguided.

My goal is to understand what I am feeling and "hearing" and be able to translate it. Next post....The Rio Grande Station. My friend's holy grail!

No comments: