Monday, January 18, 2010

My Dawg and Aerobics

I am not an active person. Good, bad or heinous it is a fact. So I am trying. Well, doing more specifically. A little quasi aerobics/walking. There is a way skinny & perky woman on tv who congratulates me on a great decision. It is helpful.

I am downstairs in my basement/space to do this. At the top of the stairs is a baby gate. A closed one to be specific. For a purpose. A few years ago.....I enjoyed a mini trampoline. Loved it. Apparently two of my three did as well. As I am bouncing away the calories....I have a dog in between my legs enjoying the bounce. I can definitely imagine the fun they had...as I worked and they bounced. Bo was the first...though I think I am to blame because I put him on the tramp. Him being my dog, freaked OUT at something new, got off then watched before he jumped on again. Not to be outdone, when Daisy saw Bo enjoying himself, SHE had to stop that and take over. She was a bit too impatient to really do anything other than interrupt Bo and gloat. THe first few times it was funny. I mean, who does not enjoy a good bounce. It was funny to enjoy their bouncing but straddling a dog & attempting to gain some exercise from the activity.

Knowing that, I made sure I locked the gate. Luke was stunned! He jumped on the gate & asked "Why can't I come?". I mean who can deny those eyes. Every such a doggie wimp, Mike said "You know he would be ok down there". Luke looked at me and said "Yah...I would be GREAT down there!". So the gate opened for Luke. And to be fair, he sat on a chair and watched. And watched. And watched. Because I am sooo insecure about exercising I watched his eyes look at me, then look at the skinny walking woman and then look back to me. Without judgement he said "We don't do this. WE chase balls! This is silly". As the skinny woman congratulated me on making a great decision....Luke smirked.

As I walked....yes walked....Luked towards the stairs. I heard it too and had been hoping to put it out of my head with my focus. Yah...Bo was pleading to be let in. Still in power walk mode, I snuck up the stairs an dushered my oldest down stairs before Daisy could hear. UP...I said...in between breaths....meaning that they needed to get up on the furniture. Yah....didn't happen. Bo sat down outside of my arm reach and watched....me....as I walked. Made it very tough to do my side steps. And to be worse, my ever so supportive and out of the way middle one, Luke...sat too. They both walked around me waiting for me to either sit or play. Neither one of them were supportive at this point. But I was committed to finishing....with or without a canine approval or review. Still in my power walk I rushed them both upstairs.

I have my love for the boys, but at some point...keeping myself in the ZONE superceded maternal doggie love. The sad thing is that if I do this nightly (if not walk at work) then this drama could be a nightly tableau!

No comments: