Monday, March 23, 2009

I got new conditioner!

OK so I am struggling as of late. Same stuff everyone else is struggling with, but I have just had 9 days off of work to sit in my jammies overwatching TLC! Well, and NCIS...God bless Mark Harmon! Just as an FYI, if you text, CHACHA is a great place to text to find answers to wierd things such as "How many TV shows has Mark Harmon starred in?". In the address field type in 242242 and then send your question. Throughout the Vegas trip I used it. I find it reassuring to have someone asnwer my unanswerable questions. BTW, Janet Jackson was in 4 tv shows, YOU ask CHA CHA!

Anyway so I left the house yesterday, Mike needed birthday cards! I did put an athletic bra on under my semi dirty shirt! I felt pretty proud! Sadly one of the big reasons I went to the store was to take the dogs for a ride. That is the high point of their day! The other day I went to the bagel place & left the dogs in the car with the groceries. HUGE mistake. Daisy has actually pawed open a bag of de icer for the garbage. So after I placed my order, I ran to the door of the store & beeped the lock. IMMEDIATELY all three heads popped up looking for Da Momma. I went back to the curious clerks waited a bit then ran back to the door & beeped the lock, again three heads popped up looking for Da Momma. I only had to do that three times to keep the dogs away from the food. Luke tends to drool when I am gone too long...because he was adopted, I think he has abandonment issued. Daisy is SURE that there is something SOMEWHERE she can eat, I give her little opportunity to find success. Bo tends to DIG at things and pull out anything in the main console and the side door bins. One time I think Daisy figured out how to open the upper glove box...sigh. So I worry as to what I do when I am in the store.

Walking around the store I was ovwerwhelmed by the fact that I have to budget now....sigh. Totally bumming me out. I had my Rain Man list. You know the list that is in your head that you actually recite as you walk around...."No, I don't need pasta....oh Mike asked me to get carrot juice....gotta get something for Mike's birthday dinner." That ongoing list you mumble throughout the store, my sister said I sound like Rain Man when I go through the store talking through my list. I didn't need a whole lot but I was heading out when I remembered I needed conditioner! I almost skipped to the aisle.

Why the joy? As a broke single person, I would head to Target and shop for what little I could afford...and finding a new shampoo or conditioner was great! Finding a new smell, a new texture...just SOMETHING I could enjoy was totally fun! I remember in college we would dress UP to go to the Eugene Oregon verson of WalMart 20 years ago. We would pile into any car we could and go through the aisle looking for whatever we could under our $10 (or sometimes less) budget! It was an event...we had fun. So I continue it! I must say that Herbal Essence is NOT the wierd hippie shampoo it was when I was a kid....so I am happy with Drama Clean! Great smell....I was happy!

Yes, new conditioner made me happy! Though I did tell the clerk that it had been the first time in days I had been out of the house...she, for some reason, was envious! Laugh...Driving home with my excited pets, I did have to re-think my attitude to be envious of that as well. New conditioner, dog kisses, and envious clerks????? What else does one person need for joy!

Be great to you!
H